Sunday 30 September 2012

The Burger Lounge


My lovely father, who recently moved up to Brisvegas for work, is down for the weekend. So naturally, I conned him into taking my brother and I to dinner for "bonding time". My best friend raves about Burger Lounge in Eltham so we decided to check it out. Some have even said they deliver the best burgers in Melb (big call!).







The menu had so many burger options that it took a while to choose what to order. The vegetarian burgers sounded amazing- things like homemade roasted pumpkin and kumera pattie with feta, walnuts & basil pesto coated in japanese panko breadcrumbs ($11.50) or roasted pumpkin, chargrilled red capsicum, crispy eggplant & crumbed zucchini ($11).





When we decided which burgers we wanted, we ordered some onion rings as a side. I couldn't tell you the last time I had onion rings (it must have been hungry jacks) and these were unlike any I had tried before. Mmmmm deep fried crunchy goodness...


Onion rings with garlic aioli ($4.50)
Here's a fun fact. I love chicken schnitzel. So I ordered the crumbed chicken. The burgers were HUGE, and it had swiss cheese, honey mustard mayo, caramelised onion, lettuce, tomato & herb aioli ($11.50)




Dad ordered the "grande" burger- prime organic beef, grilled caramelised pineapple, swiss cheese, fresh avocado, lettuce, tomato, red onion, relish & herb aioli ($13.50)


Gigantic grande burger

My brother ordered the "lounge signature burger", pretty much because the meat pattie was stuffed with cheese. 


Prime beef pattie stuffed with havarti cheese, basted with a balsamic glaze, pickled cucumber, red onion, lettuce, tomato, relish & herb aioli ($13)
They also had macarons and ice-cream. The ice-cream looked so yum- with flavours like bounty and toblerone.





And as if I hadn't had enough to eat already, I really wanted to try some of the "Petula". They were albanian donuts, which were served with honey & pistachio topping. I was already so full so didn't enjoy them as much as I would have if I hadn't downed a massive burger 5 minutes before :S

Albanian donuts with honey & pistachio topping (5 for $5)

Overall a great priced burger joint to visit. Burgers are huge, as is the menu. I would eat these burgers over any other burger bar. Grill'd eat your heart out...

The Burger Lounge
902 Main Street, Eltham